It takes a little practice to wear your makeup right. We all want to look our best, and even a single mistake while applying makeup can spoil your entire look or even make you look like a clown.
We list below 9 common makeup mistakes that we usually tend to make but must avoid henceforth.
- Applying excessive concealer- applying too much concealer can make your pimples look prominent and can spoil your makeup. Also, using concealer in excess can lead to unwanted creasing of the skin. The awful creases can worsen throughout the day as oil gets accumulated.
- Using the incorrect lipstick shade-choose a shade of lipstick that complements your skin tone, or else it can ruin your entire look. Determine your skin tone, shape, and size of lips before you choose a lipstick shade.
- Avoid red blush-blush is applied to give you a natural flush and not to make you look funny. So avoid using red blush and instead opt for pink or peach.
- Do not overdo your brows-do not highlight your eyebrows in excess, or else it will make you look weird, artificial, and older than your age. Also, using the wrong shade or formula can make the eyebrows unappealing. Use the correct type of products to fill in your brows. It is preferred to use a brow product one shade lighter to your hair and skin colour. Using a very dark tone will make your makeup look harsh and unnatural.
- Do not overuse mascara-too much mascara will make you look clumsy, and that will spoil your look. Also, wearing mascara for long and constantly can cause infection and inflammation. Do not use old mascara. If you apply mascara regularly, you should ideally replace it with a new one every six months. Make sure to remove the mascara at bedtime because most mascaras strip the natural oils from the eyelashes causing them to dry excessively. This, in turn, makes the eyelashes brittle and fall off.
- Choose the correct eyeliner-black eyeliner doesn’t always work for everyone. Choose the right shade and apply it in a way that suits the size and shape of your eyes. Different eyeliners have a different impact on the overall look of the eye makeup. Some can give you a subtle everyday look, while others can offer you a more dramatic and bolder look. There are different types of eyeliners- liquid eyeliner, pencil eyeliner, gel eyeliner, powder eyeliner, gel pencils etc.
- Not highlighting correctly- only certain parts of your face like the bridge of your nose, inner corners of your eyes need to be highlighted. Overdoing it will make your face look artificial and unappealing.
- Not blending make up properly-blend your makeup properly to look impressive. If not blended well, you may end up looking funny.
- Don’t overuse bronzer- make minimum use of bronzer, or else you will look like a whole new species!
We hope the above tips will help you wear your makeup well and look the best!