Pimple marks, also known as post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH), are dark or discoloured spots that can appear on the skin after a pimple or acne has healed. These marks are a result of an overproduction of melanin, which is the pigment that gives colour to our skin, hair, and eyes. Pimple marks can appear on any skin type, but they are more common in people with darker skin tones.
Acne marks removal is distressing, especially for people who have a lot of them or who have them in noticeable areas, such as the face. While there is no guaranteed way to completely remove pimple marks, there are several methods that can help to reduce their appearance. Thus, below are some tips to reduce pimple marks.
- Avoid picking or squeezing pimples: Picking or squeezing pimples can cause them to become more inflamed, which can lead to more severe acne and more noticeable pimple marks.
- Consistency is key: Whatever method you choose to try, it’s important to be consistent with it. Most treatments for pimple marks take time to work, so it’s important to be patient and use the product as directed.
- Use sunscreen: Sun exposure can darken pimple marks and make them more visible, so it’s important to protect your skin and remove pimple marks from the sun by always wearing sunscreen, even if it’s cloudy or you’re inside.
- Be gentle with your skin: Using harsh scrubs or exfoliants on your skin can irritate it and make pimple marks worse, so be gentle when you cleanse your skin and avoid using harsh products.
- Use products with lightening ingredients: Look for products that contain ingredients such as hydroquinone, kojic acid, glycolic acid, and azelaic acid, which can help to lighten dark spots and reduce the appearance of pimple marks.
- Improve your skincare routine: Try to improve your overall skincare routine. Keep your skin clean, use a moisturizer, use products that are suited for your skin type and make sure you take advice from your makeup artists in Delhi about your skin routine and your makeup off before going to bed.
- Consult with a dermatologist: Dermatologists are medical professionals who are specially trained in the treatment of skin conditions and diseases. They can provide you with personalized advice and treatment options for your pimple marks if you’re looking for more drastic ways to remove them.
- Use a Vitamin C serum: Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can help to brighten the skin and reduce the appearance of dark spots. It can also help to protect the skin from further damage caused by UV radiation and pollution.
- Try topical retinoids: Retinoids, such as Retin-A, are derived from vitamin A and can help to increase cell turnover and promote the growth of new, healthy skin. They can help to reduce the appearance of pimple marks by promoting the fading of pigmentation and evening out skin tone.
In conclusion, pimple marks, also known as post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH), are dark or discoloured spots that can appear on the skin after a pimple or acne has healed. They can be distressing, especially for people who have a lot of them or who have them in noticeable areas such as the face. While there is no guaranteed way to completely remove pimple marks, there are several methods that can help to reduce their appearance, like choosing an affordable makeup artist in Delhi.